Fernie, British Columbia,
February 1-8, 2020 (8 days / 7 nights / 6 days of ski)
Great skiing for everybody with lots of lift and runs.
Fernie Alpine Resort, a 3.5-hour drive from Calgary Airport, has
a reputation for powder.
At Fernie, there’s no reason to feel intimidated if you prefer
groomed cruisers. The resort is designed so almost everyone beyond
beginner level can enjoy the Lizard Range upper bowls by maintaining
at least one groomed run that spills down from top to bottom in
every one of their five lift-accessed bowls. As well, the terrain
just above the village is immaculately groomed with a good mix of
meandering forest-lined trails and gentle wide-open slopes.
Anyone wanting to enhance their Fernie experience should give the
ski school a try. It’s well equipped to give Easterners tips
on handling the steep and deep as well as offering a unique guided
first tracks program. With fading daylight and the lifts now closed,
we shared a pitcher of icy beer and a plate of heaping hot nachos
at The Griz, the resort’s original bar, before heading into
the town of Fernie, five kilometres away. Fernie is a thriving historic
mining town where locals work and play, and is packed with shops,
lively bars, cafés, and a wide variety of dining option.
- Altitude: 7 000 feet / 2 134 m
- Vertical drop: 3 550 feet / 1 082 m
- Average annual snowfall: 360 inches / 910 cm
- Number of runs: 142
- Number of ski lift: 10
- Ability levels: Beginner: 30% • Intermediate: 40% •
- Snowboards permitted: Yes
01 février AC 351 Ottawa 7h25 Calgary 09h59
08 février AC 352 Calgary 19h20 Ottawa 1h11
Standard studio (I only have 2 of those)
• $ 2245 per person in double occupancy
• $ 3175 per person in single occupancy
Platinum’s Two Bedroom (I have 10 of those)
• $ 2095 per person in quadruple occupancy
• $ 2295 per person in triple occupancy
- Direct round-trip airfare from Ottawa to Calgary with Air Canada
- 6 days of skiing at the Fernie mountain resort
- 7 nights’ accommodation at the Timberline Lodges (ski-in
- Airport transfers
- Welcome drink
- Services of Simon Parisien, our on-site representative
- All the taxes
- Protection offered by the Compensation fund for customers of
- Travel insurance (cancellation and/or medical)
- Luggage fees if applicable
- Deduct $500.00 if you want land package only (no airline).
Please be sure to coordinate flight times with the group in order
to make the bus connections to and from Calgary.
- Senior discount (65 years and older): deduct $ 75
- Promotion: 6th ski day is free
Timberline Lodges at Fernie Alpine Resort features 6 iconic lodges
nestled just below the village. An economical alternative to our
ski in ski out properties, Timberline Lodges are categorized based
on the age, condition and décor of the individual unit. Condos
are decorated to reflect the personal taste of each owner. Common
amenities available for use by all guests include hot tubs, BBQs,
an outdoor heated swimming pool, sauna, games room and fitness room.
This convenient ski in location is only a 10-minute drive to the
town of Fernie.
It is recommended to protect non-refundable deposits in the event
that participants are forced to cancel their vacation prior to departure
for medical reasons. The fee for the insurance cancellation and
medical, varies between $155 and $200 depending of your age. Let
me know if you want some and the travel agent will be able to give
you the exact price for you. If you take insurance, you will need
to provide us your date of birth. Insurance premiums are due at
time of deposit.
Payment: $525.00 deposit due
when booking, plus a postdated cheque for the balance dated December
18 2019, payable to SKI EXTREME CLUB. Deadline
to register is December 18 2019.
Payment Options: This trip can be paid via cash,
cheque, money order, e-mail transfer and even credit card. To pay
via credit card, please call Diane Poitras to give her the number.
You can reach her at 613-225-6834. For
more info, click here.